What fruits to eat in diabetes ?
Posted on:30 Dec 2017
- Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries etc. all berries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and low in carbohydrates.
- Peaches are rich in vitamin A & C , Potassium and fibre.
- Apple a day keeps doctor away. Apples are rich in fibre, vitamin C & low in carb. Don’t peel the skin as it contains antioxidants.
- Oranges are great in vitamin C, low in carb, contains potassium and folate, other citrus fruits like grapefruits are also equally good to eat.
- Pears good in potassium and fibre.
- Other fruits like apricot , guava are also rich vitamin A and good to eat .
- Eating Fruits before meals helps you to loose weight & control your blood sugars. Making a habit of it helps a lot to obese individuals and known diabetic people.
Disclaimer: The articles/blogs/write-ups uploaded in this Virtual Practice are copyrighted property of Dr. Jayakrishnan B and/or its associated staff members. Copying, reproducing, modifying or disseminating the posts (in whole or part) in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional and/or commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so, is strictly prohibited.